Everywhere for everyone
Evry is currently not cleared as a medical device by the United States Food and Drug Administration. Please contact Synaptive Medical for more information on the regulatory clearance status in your jurisdiction.
In situations where every second counts, Evry holds the potential to bring MRI closer to the patient to support faster and earlier detection of neurological deficits.
The preference for MR imaging of stroke, brain cancer, trauma and dementia over any other medical imaging modality has been well studied and documented. The overarching challenge for wider utilization of MRI has been accessibility in both critical and acute situations. Evry has been carefully designed to overcome many of the challenges of cost effectiveness, and workflow optimization to support point-of-care MR imaging.
Evry is designed to reduce the costs associated with siting required by high field MRIs, which can present a barrier to access of MRI. Evry bypasses the need for:
- Rigging and cranes for delivery of the MRI
- Yearly cryogen refills
- Cryogen pipe
- Reinforced flooring
Evry is designed with patient and user safety in mind. Features that have been developed to potentially improve safety are:
- A lower magnetic field† reduces SAR for the patient and heating of devices††
- 0.5T also has inherently lower image distortion and artifact around implants and devices††
- 5 Gauss line within 4 feet of the MRI
- The ability to turn the magnet off and on within 15 minutes
Evry is designed to improve the workflow of healthcare professionals by offering:
- Predefined imaging protocols based on a patient’s requisition
- Automatic planning including volume and slice selection for all series
- A detachable stretcher to support bed side transfers
- Midfield MRI: 0.5T Superconducting magnet
- Open system: 60cm bore to provide an open space with the intent to help reduce claustrophobia†††
- Short bore length: 1.03 m designed to reduce how far a patient enters the system with an intent to reduce anxiety
- Multichannel head coil: 16 channel head coil with patient specific customized fitting intended to optimize image quality
- High performance gradients: Asymmetric gradient design to produce 100 mT/m @ 400 T/m/s on each axis to achieve more time efficient pulse sequence encoding
- Pulse sequences: T1 (2D/3D), T2, T2*, DWI and MRA to support advance brain MRI techniques
- Fully digital receive chain: Directly sampled signal without mixing to an intermediate frequency in order to reduce overall image noise
† compared to high-field MRIs
†† data on file
††† reduces to 39cm around patient’s head
“When someone has a stroke, a couple of minutes can mean the difference between maintaining brain functions and losing them. By bringing MRI directly to the point of care, Synaptive and the Nova Scotia Health Authority will research the impact to patients, clinicians, and the healthcare system more broadly, of providing physicians with faster and more efficient access to MRI.”
Now is the time to bring MRI to places you never thought possible:
to the Emergency Department, ICU, Peri-Operative or Neurosciences Center.